- Detailed description of goods and/or services
Jenman African Safaris is a business in the travel industry operating as a tour operator that markets day trips, safaris, accommodation, tours and tailor-made adventures in Cape Town as well as Southern Africa, East Africa, and Madagascar.
- Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 3 to 4 days and delivery confirmed by way of email invoice with a booking number and reference number. Delivery of service is applicable and given on the day of travel.
Jenman African Safaris shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA) PDF can be seen by clicking this link.
- Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa or MasterCard credit cards or by bank transfer into the Jenman African Safaris bank account, the details of which will be provided on request
- Credit card acquiring and security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for Jenman African Safaris via PayGenius who are the approved payment gateway for ABSA. PayGenius payment services are encrypted via an SSL certificate and enforce 3D-secure transactions for each transaction, whether by credit card or instant EFT. Users may go to www.paygenius.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details Customer details will be stored by Jenman African Safaris separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGenius’s secure site. For more detail on:
Refer to www.paygenius.co.za
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency: The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Jenman African Safaris takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Jenman African Safaris chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, South Africa.
Jenman African Safaris may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Company information
This website is run by Jenman African Safaris (close corporation) based in South Africa trading as Jenman African Safaris and with registration number CK1998/020863/23 and Garth Jenman as the member.
- Jenman African Safaris contact details
Support: +21 (0) 21 683 7826
- Detailed description of goods and/or services
Click here to see the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Information and Booking Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, the ‘Company’ shall mean Jenman African Safaris cc; a company registered according to the company laws of the Republic of South Africa. The ‘Client’ shall mean the person who has signed a booking form as the Lead Booking Name and each person named in the booking form. The ‘Agent’ shall mean the company, who has signed an Agent’s Contract and is booking a Client to travel with Jenman African Safaris.
The information data and material (“Information”) contained in this web site (“Web Site”) has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Jenman African Safaris cc (“Jenman African Safaris ”), its subsidiaries and partners and the services that they offer. We try to ensure that information contained on this website is accurate and up to date. However, you should always verify the information before acting on it. All holidays sold by Jenman African Safaris are sold subject to our booking conditions, which should be read before making an online booking.
By making a booking through Jenman African Safaris, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms, conditions, notice periods and disclaimers contained in this agreement.
When making a booking, the customer confirms and agrees that he/she has the necessary authority to accept the offer. On payment, the customer accepts these terms and conditions. A binding contract will come into existence between the parties with a confirmation email that will be forwarded to the client by Jenman African Safaris.
- There shall be no binding contract between the Company and the Client until the following two conditions are met:
The Company Booking Form has been signed
The booking terms and conditions have been confirmed by the Client
- No Client will be permitted to commence any itinerary without payment in full being received by the Company. If the full amount is not received, the Company shall be entitled in its discretion to treat the reservation as cancelled, and consequently to forfeit such part of the advance payment as determined solely by the Company. A late applicant may join the tour based on accommodation availability.
- Any cancellation of a booking by a Client or Agent, must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. The date on which the Company receives the correspondence or a company recognized Agent, will determine the cancellation charge, if any.
Changes and Alterations
- “Force Majeure” means, in relation to the Company, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company (including, but not limited to, acts of God, explosion, flood, fire, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other unexpected occurrences).
- The Company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to the Client, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any Force Majeure.
- If the Company is affected by Force Majeure it shall be entitled to, and may in its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour or safari.
- No refunds are given for circumstances arising beyond the Company’s control, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of the tour or safari.
- In the unlikely event of a vehicle breakdown that is beyond the Company’s control and immediate repair, the Company will arrange to have the spare part sent to the current location in the fastest possible time. The Company reserves the right to alter the itinerary accordingly in order to make up any time lost due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the tour without prior notification and in such an event only agrees to refund all monies already paid and received from the Client.
- Travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory for every Client. All insurance is solely the responsibility of the Client. Before a Client commences a tour, he/she should arrange his/her own insurance with protection for the full duration of the travel, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage. If a Client falls ill, all hospital expenses, medical expenses, doctor’s fees and repatriation costs are the Client’s responsibility and the Company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour rate whatsoever.
- The carriage and storage of all baggage and personal effects are at all times the Client’s risk and the Company will not accept any liability for any loss or damage of baggage or personal effects.
- The Client hereby acknowledges, confirms and records that he/she understands the risk inherent in adventure travel in African destinations and associated activities. The Client is accepted onto the tour and undertakes to do the tour, travel or activity at his/her own risk. The client agrees and concedes that the Company, its representatives, and employees shall not be responsible for loss or damage to possessions, or injury or illness to the client or loss of life or consequential damages which might occur from any cause whatsoever unless directly caused by the Company’s negligence.
- The client shall acknowledge an awareness of the proposed itinerary and shall confirm that he or she is medically fit, in good physical and mental health and is able to embark on the tour. Any client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such a condition to the Company before the commencement of the tour. Any failure to declare may result in the cancellation of his/her booking.
Claims and Complaints
- In the unlikely event that the client has a complaint against the company, the Company must be informed immediately, in order that an opportunity is afforded to the company to investigate the situation and provide redress. If the client has any further complaints, these must be lodged in writing to the Company within 1 month of the tour end date. If these procedures are not followed, the Company will not start or continue any such investigation of said complaint.
Company Responsibility and Rights
- The information in any brochure and printed itineraries is given in good faith by the Company, and is based on the latest information available to the Company. Printed itineraries serve as a guideline only. The company reserves the right to change the facilities or transport described in any publication without being liable for any compensation or refund.
The Company Authority
- Any decision made by the tour guide, acting as a Company representative, shall be deemed final on all matters. The company shall not be responsible or liable for any client who commits an illegal or unlawful act, or the consequences of such an illegal act. The client may in such circumstances be excluded from the tour without a refund, at the sole discretion of the Company or Company representative. If the Company considers a client unsuitable for a tour (due to mental or physical illness or implied danger to any other Client or Company representative) it may at its sole discretion decline to carry the Client further. If a Client causes severe inconvenience or annoyance to other Clients, the Company may decline to carry the client further, without any refund whatsoever. This will only occur after extensive intervention by the tour guide or Company representative.
- It is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits and inoculations required for the tour, are obtained well in advance and are in order. It is the Client’s responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred either by the Client (or by the Company on the Client’s behalf) as a result of any failure by the Client to comply with such requirements. The Company may not be held liable for any failure on the part of a client to be in possession of the correct travel documentation.
- The onus is on the Client concerned to fully acquaint themselves with the Terms and Conditions set herein and all matters such as visas, required documentation, payment schedules and cancellation policies.