After learning how to ride the Segway PT (Personal Transporter), the tour will navigate the region’s historic sites before making its way through the beautiful Cape Fynbos and Protea Garden. Thereafter, the tour meanders up to Spier’s famous water treatment facility. Learn about the pioneering way they recycle 100% of their waste water. The tour guides are very helpful and ensure that everyone is comfortable and capable using the Segway PT. It’s perfect for almost all ages (10 and up) and a unique, eco-friendly way to explore the farm. Though this tour doesn’t make it as far as the Vineyards, it does provide one with a taste of what the fertile Cape wine lands have to offer. If you require more of an experience, try the Full Segway Spier Wine Farm & Vineyards Glide.
Included: 30 minutes Training ,90 minutes outride, Segway PT,Guide
Everyone will be required to wear a helmet. (These helmets are sprayed daily with an anti-bacterial spray)
Excluded: Transfers, gratuity, personal expenses.
Departure times: 09h00, 14h00 (Oct – Mar) or 09h00, 12h30, 15h00 (Apr – Sep)
Duration: 2 Hours
- No Children under 12 years
- Minimum clients: 2
- No wine tasting on 3pm tour (Apr-Sep) as wine tasting closes at 5pm instead a complimentary bottle of Chenin Blanc per 2 guests will be provided.
Optional/recommended items to bring:
- Sun Cream
- Water bottle
- The PT’s maximum payload (which includes the rider and all cargo) is 120 kg
- Not suitable for pregnant women
What to Wear:
- Comfortable flat shoes (High heels will not be permitted)
- Comfortable clothing fitting to the season
- Please bring warm jacket due to added wind chill in winter months or on Sunset Tours
Segway Spier Wine Farm & Vineyards Glide